Christopher Langley is a contemporary artist based in Newport, Wales. Known for capturing scenes of Wales in a colourful, impressionist and sometimes abstract poise, his pallet is somewhat unique as in his portraits of local iconic structures such as Castell Coch / the Red Castle.
Christopher has travelled extensively worldwide encountering many artistic styles. The inspiration gained from these experiences is reflected in achieving a truly unique perspective on his subject. Christopher is from Pontypridd, has lived many years in Cardiff and now resides in Newport in a lovely home with enough space for a studio and gallery!
Over decades and decades, many artists have used as their subjects iconic Welsh landmarks such as The Newport Suspension Bridge or The Old Bridge at Pontypridd as their subjects.
When I look at a subject, my aim is that the location is recognised; but the colour combination in addition to the concept must be truly unique. I find great inspiration in many things about Wales; in particular the people and the towns; the unique land and seascapes. I believe these concepts are reflected in my work.
A committee member of the South Wales Art Society (SWAS), Christopher is one of the artists in residence at the Celtic Manor International Resort, Mercure Hotel Newport and David Lloyd Tennis Centre, Cardiff. He has Exhibited in New York, Glasgow, London, Newport and Cardiff in addition to social media coverage. Christopher frequently contributes to local news with the South Wales Argus. Featured on S4C TV & BBC Radio. Celebrities such as Sir Richard Branson and Apprentice winner Mark Wright own his works.
- Lumen Prize International finalist 2013 & 14
- National & International Collector Base.
- Commission Specialist (Corporate & Private)
- BBC Radio Wales, S4C TV and BBC On-line
- National and International Exhibitions.
- South Wales Argus Art Competition Judge.
- 2022 Spring Exhibition Cwtch Gallery Newport March 2022 -April 2022
- 2020: Cwtch Gallery, Stow Hill Newport, The Spring Show. April 5th – May6th.
- 2019 David Lloyd Centre Autumn Exhibition October 19-21st.
- 2018 ‘Spring Show 18’ at Waterloo Tea, Wyndham Arcade, Cardiff March – May 2018
- 2017 ‘Historic Cardiff Pub Series’, Insole Court, Llandaff Cardiff
- 2016 ‘Winter Exhibition’, Terra Nova Cafe and Gallery, Roath Park Cardiff.
- 2015 ‘Abstract Wales 2’: Futures Gallery, the Pierhead, Cardiff Bay.
- 2014 ‘Winter Collection’ Jaspers Tearooms and Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 ‘Autumn in 2013’ The Gate Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 ‘Abstract Wales 1’ Oriel Gallery, the Senedd, Sponsored by Julie Morgan, AM.
- 2012 ‘The Spring Show’ Pontypridd Museum and Gallery, Pontypridd
- 2019 South Wales Art Society Summer Exhibition, Futures Gallery, The Pierhead, Cardiff.
- 2018 Parallax Autumn Art Fair, London.
- 2018 Autumn Exhibition, Create Gallery, Monmouth. Wales.
- 2017 Mill Lane Arts Hub: First Joint Exhibition. Sponsored by Giovanni Restaurants.
- 2016 The Bricklane Gallery, London. Oct 12th – 23rd.
- 2016 SWAS Exhibition, Steak of the Art Gallery, Churchill Way, Cardiff.
- 2015 SWAS Summer Exhibition, The Old Library Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2014 Made in Roath Exhibition, SHO Gallery Cardiff,
- 2014 SWAS Summer Show, the Pierhead Building Cardiff.
- 2014 Pride Exhibition, Victoria Gallery, Glasgow.
- 2014 Art for Addicts Exhibition, Imitate Gallery, London.
- 2014 ‘Evolving Abstraction’ Exhibition, Agora Gallery, New York, USA.
- 2014 Lumen Prize Top 50 Exhibition, FCA Building, London.
- 2013 Made in Roath Exhibition, Gate Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 Islington Arts Factory’s Summer Salon, London.
- 2013 Lumen Digital Exhibition Pullman Gallery, New York, USA.
- 2013 Lauderdale House Spring Exhibition, London.
- 2012 Gallery 66 Collection, Gallery 66, Cardiff.
- 2012 Summer Exhibition Victoria Fearn Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2012 Off the Wall Gallery Abstract Exhibition, Cardiff.
- 2012 Spring Exhibition The Gallery Stoke Newington, London.