Christopher Langley is a contemporary artist based in Newport, Wales, known for his colourful and impressionistic depictions of the Welsh landscape, including iconic structures like Castell Coch. With a background that includes extensive world travel and exposure to various artistic styles, Langley has developed a unique perspective on his subjects. He was born in Pontypridd and lived in Cardiff before making Newport his home and setting up a studio and gallery in his residence.
With a focus on color and concept, Langley strives to create truly unique interpretations of familiar subjects like the Newport Suspension Bridge and The Old Bridge at Pontypridd. He is inspired by the people, towns, and diverse landscapes of Wales, and this influence is evident in his work.
In my art, I aim to capture the essence of Wales and its iconic landmarks in a fresh and unique way. I believe that the location should be recognisable, but the colour combination and concept must be one-of-a-kind. My inspiration comes from the people, towns, and breathtaking landscapes of Wales, and I strive to reflect these concepts in my work. I hope that my pieces not only showcase the beauty of Wales, but also encourage others to appreciate the unique character of this special place.
During his time as a committee member of the South Wales Art Society (SWAS) Langley is also artist in residence at several prestigious Welsh locations, such as The Celtic Manor and the David Lloyd Centre Cardiff, showcasing works and sharing his artistic vision with others. Through exhibitions, social media, workshops at schools and local news contributions, Langley connects with a wider audience and continue to evolve and grow as an artist. The ownership of my works by celebrities such as Sir Richard Branson and Mark Wright is a testament to the impact and significance of my work. He is currently represented by three South Wales Galleries.
- Lumen Prize International finalist 2013 & 14
- National & International Collector Base.
- Commission Specialist (Corporate & Private)
- BBC Radio Wales, S4C TV and BBC On-line
- National and International Exhibitions.
- South Wales Argus Art Competition Judge.
- 2022 Spring Exhibition Cwtch Gallery Newport March 2022 -April 2022
- 2020: Cwtch Gallery, Stow Hill Newport, The Spring Show. April 5th – May6th.
- 2019 David Lloyd Centre Autumn Exhibition October 19-21st.
- 2018 ‘Spring Show 18’ at Waterloo Tea, Wyndham Arcade, Cardiff March – May 2018
- 2017 ‘Historic Cardiff Pub Series’, Insole Court, Llandaff Cardiff
- 2016 ‘Winter Exhibition’, Terra Nova Cafe and Gallery, Roath Park Cardiff.
- 2015 ‘Abstract Wales 2’: Futures Gallery, the Pierhead, Cardiff Bay.
- 2014 ‘Winter Collection’ Jaspers Tearooms and Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 ‘Autumn in 2013’ The Gate Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 ‘Abstract Wales 1’ Oriel Gallery, the Senedd, Sponsored by Julie Morgan, AM.
- 2012 ‘The Spring Show’ Pontypridd Museum and Gallery, Pontypridd
- 2019 South Wales Art Society Summer Exhibition, Futures Gallery, The Pierhead, Cardiff.
- 2018 Parallax Autumn Art Fair, London.
- 2018 Autumn Exhibition, Create Gallery, Monmouth. Wales.
- 2017 Mill Lane Arts Hub: First Joint Exhibition. Sponsored by Giovanni Restaurants.
- 2016 The Bricklane Gallery, London. Oct 12th – 23rd.
- 2016 SWAS Exhibition, Steak of the Art Gallery, Churchill Way, Cardiff.
- 2015 SWAS Summer Exhibition, The Old Library Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2014 Made in Roath Exhibition, SHO Gallery Cardiff,
- 2014 SWAS Summer Show, the Pierhead Building Cardiff.
- 2014 Pride Exhibition, Victoria Gallery, Glasgow.
- 2014 Art for Addicts Exhibition, Imitate Gallery, London.
- 2014 ‘Evolving Abstraction’ Exhibition, Agora Gallery, New York, USA.
- 2014 Lumen Prize Top 50 Exhibition, FCA Building, London.
- 2013 Made in Roath Exhibition, Gate Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 Islington Arts Factory’s Summer Salon, London.
- 2013 Lumen Digital Exhibition Pullman Gallery, New York, USA.
- 2013 Lauderdale House Spring Exhibition, London.
- 2012 Gallery 66 Collection, Gallery 66, Cardiff.
- 2012 Summer Exhibition Victoria Fearn Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2012 Off the Wall Gallery Abstract Exhibition, Cardiff.
- 2012 Spring Exhibition The Gallery Stoke Newington, London.