Biography / Hunangofiant
Internationally recognised and award winning artist Christopher Langley has been painting since childhood; influenced by his father who painted in oils. Langley became a professional artist in 2012, when he opened his first solo exhibition in Pontypridd, the town of his birth.
Langley works in various media, from oil painting to digital techniques depending on subject; building on his experiences, experimenting with styles and concepts. The results are a unique variety of original and vibrant works.
As a result his unique works, Langley’s art has gained awareness within the media and some of South Wales’s best public establishments, such as The Celtic Manor Resort and David Lloyd Tennis Centre, Cardiff, where he enjoys permanent exhibitions. He has appeared on S4C’s Heno for his Cardiff Public Houses – Past Present series, BBC Radio Wales, BBC On Line and the South Wales Argus, where he judges the Prettiest Pet Contest.
Christopher brings a fresh interpretation to his subjects. He says: “There have been many paintings of Cardiff Landmarks and Castle Coch, for example, but none have used the colour combination I bring to the subject. I find great inspiration in many things about Wales; the people and the towns; the unique land and seascapes” Chris’ recent series on Tenby have been very well received.
He is influenced by David Hockney, Gillian McDonald, Barry Hilton and Welsh artist Rob Piercy. Chris is a member of the IAS, Royal Television Society (RTS) and a committee member of the South Wales Art Society (SWAS),
Exhibitions / Arddangosfeydd
On going Exhibitions:
Cardiff & Vale: David Lloyd Tennis Center, Ipswich Road, Terra Nova Cafe, Roath, Jaspers Tearooms, Llandaff. Holm House Penarth, Da Mara Albany Road, Seren Deimwnt, LLandaff, Merloa’s Grangetown, Issa estates, Cathays. Grangetown Medical Practice, Grangetown. Cardiff Frames, Llanishen.
Gwent: Celtic Manor estate: Newbridge on Usk Inn, Trdunnock, Hortons Coffee House, Newport., Beefeater, Coldra. Basseleg Tearooms, Basseleg, Newport.
Pontypridd: EuroGallery, Taff Street.
- 2019 Upcoming: David Lloyd Centre Autumn Exhibition October 19-21st.
- 2018 ‘Spring Show 18’ at Waterloo Tea, Wyndham Arcade, Cardiff March – May 2018
- 2017 ‘Historic Cardiff Pub Series’, Insole Court, Llandaff Cardiff
- 2016 ‘Winter Exhibition’, Terra Nova Cafe and Gallery, Roath Park Cardiff.
- 2015 ‘Abstract Wales 2’: Futures Gallery, the Pierhead, Cardiff Bay.
- 2014 ‘Winter Collection’ Jaspers Tearooms and Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 ‘Autumn in 2013’ The Gate Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 ‘Abstract Wales 1’ Oriel Gallery, the Senedd, Sponsored by Julie Morgan, AM.
- 2012 ‘The Spring Show’ Pontypridd Museum and Gallery, Pontypridd
- 2019 South Wales Art Society Summer Exhibition, Futures Gallery, The Pierhead, Cardiff.
- 2018 Parallax Autumn Art Fair, London.
- 2018 Autumn Exhibition, Create Gallery, Monmouth. Wales.
- 2017 Mill Lane Arts Hub: First Joint Exhibition. Sponsored by Giovanni Restaurants.
- 2016 The Bricklane Gallery, London. Oct 12th – 23rd.
- 2016 SWAS Exhibition, Steak of the Art Gallery, Churchill Way, Cardiff.
- 2015 SWAS Summer Exhibition, The Old Library Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2014 Made in Roath Exhibition, SHO Gallery Cardiff,
- 2014 SWAS Summer Show, the Pierhead Building Cardiff.
- 2014 Pride Exhibition, Victoria Gallery, Glasgow.
- 2014 Art for Addicts Exhibition, Imitate Gallery, London.
- 2014 ‘Evolving Abstraction’ Exhibition, Agora Gallery, New York, USA.
- 2014 Lumen Prize Top 50 Exhibition, FCA Building, London.
- 2013 Made in Roath Exhibition, Gate Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2013 Islington Arts Factory’s Summer Salon, London.
- 2013 Lumen Digital Exhibition Pullman Gallery, New York, USA.
- 2013 Lauderdale House Spring Exhibition, London.
- 2012 Gallery 66 Collection, Gallery 66, Cardiff.
- 2012 Summer Exhibition Victoria Fearn Gallery, Cardiff.
- 2012 Off the Wall Gallery Abstract Exhibition, Cardiff.
- 2012 Spring Exhibition The Gallery Stoke Newington, London.